Friday, July 13, 2012

One Big Thing: a Review



“A flaw of almost all people,” Henry Ford once said, "is trying to do too many things at once. That scatters effort and destroys direction. It makes for haste, and haste makes waste. So we do things all the wrong ways possible before we come to the right one. Then we think it is the best way because it works, and it was the only way left that we could see. Every now and then I wake up in the morning headed toward that finality, with a dozen things I want to do. I know I can't do them all at once." When asked what he did about that, Ford replied, "I go out and trot around the house. While I'm running off the excess energy that wants to do too much, my mind clears and I see what can be done and should be done first." And in One Big Thing you will discover why it is so important to focus on what you were born to do as you focus, trust God and watch the single-mindedness transform your career, ministry, and life.  


Hungering for the world’s disjointed abstract knowledge will only lead to struggle and despair. Purpose and meaning are pursued, attained, and sustained by a hot-blooded, passionate pursuit of God and His will. The non-Christian worldview leads to Heidegger’s ultimate, yet empty, answer to the problem of the meaninglessness of life “is to stand on deck and salute” as the ocean liner sinks. He tells us to do this because it is more visually appealing than doing nothing. That’s real despair. That’s depressing. Thank God it is false. Following Jesus lifts one up into a wonderful, enthralling life in the Spirit.


Neglecting or rejecting God’s purpose in Christ is:


1. Unproductive.  
2. It leads to despair and emptiness.  
3. It is prideful. 


Often times one needs to shine above others and communicate your designs and mission, you need find a way for others to see you and your work. And herein Phil Cooke will explain how you can live in your purposeful pursuit to please God and find real success in your business and life.


"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phil. 4:13).

see my new devotional ebook Who is Jesus? The Great Logos HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment